ACL Performance Engine Bearings
ACL products are proven to provide optimum performance, endurance, and durability... something essential for higher RPM engines.
ACL has a distinguished pedigree and track record. Race Series performance are the result of more than half a century of design, engineering, and manufacturing experience. ACL is the choice for most racers in the US and Canda and engine builders worldwide. ACL's experience includes designing and manufacturing bearings for GM, Ford, Toyota and Mitsubishi.
Designed to withstand higher RPM conditions, ACL Race Series Engine Bearings are available for many of the popular 4, 6, and 8 cylinder applications and feature:
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearing sand to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
- 3/4 grooved Main Bearings to optimize bearing load carrying surface area and oil flow to the conrod bearings.
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help you maintain consistent clearances.
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.
Need to measure your clearances? Try ACL Flexigauge.