Live Inventory
Real-time Inventory & Free Shipping Over $150
Bilstein


Bilstein Shocks and Struts

Bilstein offers a wide line of coilover systems, stocks, struts, steering stabilizers and components, bushings, and other accessories for cars, trucks, and RV's with unmatched performance. For over 50 years, Bilstein has been a world leader in gas pressure shock absorber development and manufacturing.

1954, Bilstein was the first to realize the potential offered by an idea of Prof. Bourcier de Carbon, a French researcher in the field of vibrations. The aim was to eliminate the physical disadvantages of the conventional telescopic shock absorbers, whilst at the same time making the dampers lighter and able to be fitted in any position.

Enormous effort went into development, accompanied by substantial investment in the necessary production facilities, in order to achieve this ambitious target. And it paid off. The introduction of the first mono-tube gas pressure shock absorber in a standard production Mercedes-Benz vehicle in 1957 by what was at the time the 'Fittings and car jack manufacturer Bilstein' is still today considered a major contribution to active driving safety.

Gas pressure technology is now used in all types of telescope shock absorbers developed for use on powerful, high-class cars. The latest highlight is the development of the air spring module that Bilstein supplies 'just in sequence' to the Mercedes S-Class production line.

To this day, the demands of its customers in the automotive and tuning industries, combined with its commitment to motor sports, are what drive development and innovation at Bilstein. All AMG Mercedes in the DTM and over half of the teams in the 24 hour race on the N?rburgring approach the starting line with Bilstein accessories.

The name Bilstein has for many decades been closely associated with high tech in the field of suspension design, driving comfort and safety. In order to expand this position in the future, Bilstein became a division of ThyssenKrupp Technologies AG in 1988, and a wholly-owned subsidiary in 2005. The partnership and co-operation within the group will enable the company to continue to inspire with innovations in the traditional Bilstein way.