TEIN Coil Springs are an affordable option to lower your vehicle, and achieve better handling. Unlike coilover systems, springs feature a fixed vehicle ride height. Being that they are non adjustable when it comes to ride height, its important to make sure your picking the right set and drop for your vehicle. All of TEIN Coil Springs are vehicle specific, and can be used with OEM or aftermarket shocks and dampers.
TEIN features several types of coil springs, one being "High Tech". The High Tech line is made from a new material called "Vanadium" which is much lighter then other springs, and increases flexibility. This particular line also uses your OEM Bump rubber and noise protection sheet, which allows you to keep the comfort of your ride. Other types of springs available from TEIN include the straight type springs, taper type springs, and helper spring.
Straight Type Springs
• We use SWOSC-KV silicon chrome metal (JIS standard) to pursue the maximum quality of high tension and endurance for all standardized springs
• Stable quality, endurance, and high performance is maintained by special procedure (cooling formation)
• The straight type springs are measured by inner diameter and, specified spring seat is required
• The outer diameter changes with alignment
Taper Type Springs
• These are standardized springs which have been developed to adopt with original upper mounts for original double wishbone and multi – link suspension system
• Ideal for N1 and other vehicles whose upper mounts cannot be replaced under regulations
• By eliminating the upper spring seat, we have achieved low cost and adequate bump stroke
• It eliminates the damage to upper mount and other noise by maintaining same force input positions as original products
• As it is tapered, spring stroke can be maintained better than the straight type with same spring coefficient and length
• By setting 2 springs in a series, variable spring rate can be achieved
• It gives unlimited setting range with wide winding point weight set ups
• The A spring is a series twin spring, and the B spring can be selected from straight type with I.D.70mm or tapered type springs. A variable spring is achieved through changing over from original spring rate to B spring rate.
• The spacer spring seat is necessary for installation with the A spring
Choosing the right spring for your vehicle can become overwhelming with there being so many options available. If you have any questions regarding TEIN coil springs, reach out to one of our experienced representatives and we will help you make a more informative decision.