Oil Accumulator Heavy Duty
||12" X 4-1/4"
Moroso Oil Accumulators store oil under pressure, providing an instantaneous supply and automatically releasing it to the main galleries when oil pressure drops below a safe level. The Accumulator is tapped to the pressure side of the engine’s oiling system. When the engine is running, oil pressure forces reserve oil into the accumulator and compresses the air ahead.
If oil pressure should suddenly drop because of hard acceleration, severe cornering or hard braking, the air pressure immediately sends oil to the main galleries. When the danger is over and the pump is once again primed with oil, the oil pressure forces oil back into the Accumulator where it is ready for the next emergency.
Our professional series Accumulator, designed for all-out competition, is now available with a 3 or 1.5-quart capacity. The 1.5-quart version is perfect for Sport Compacts and other vehicles with 4 and 6-cylinder engines. Moroso’s Accumulator 2 (No. 23930) is intended for street performance and mild off-road applications, and features a 1.5-quart capacity. Moroso Accumulators can also be used to manually pre-lube engines before starting to prevent cold-start scuffing and premature bearing wear.
- Protects Against Oil Pressure Loss!
- Automatic Operation!
- Highly recommended for light-duty applications including small-displacement street performance and mild off-road vehicles
- Works on same principle as Accumulators Nos. 23900, 23901 & 23902 but uses gravity feed
- Because it has no free-floating piston, it must be mounted in vertical position
- Comes complete with adjustable T-Bolt style mounting brackets
- Not recommended for all-out competition. Accumulators Nos. 23900, 23901 & 23902 are recommended for racing applications
- Brackets provide safe, sure mount for Moroso Accumulators
- Designed to be easily fastened to any flat surface
- Includes T-Bolt type clamps accepted by NHRA